As part of the Crosscurrents project, this event is an evening of science, poetry and discussion, featuring talks and readings from five pairs of poets and scientists who have been working together to explore subjects ranging from algal blooms to ecosystem modelling, renewable energy to microplastics.
With discussions from:
- Andy Brown and Hayley Evers-King – Ocean colour data
- Isabel Galleymore and Ana Queiros – Climate change and foodwebs
- Ben Smith and Lee de Mora – Earth system models
- Miriam Darlington and Tara Hooper – Marine renewable energy
- Luke Thompson and Pennie Lindeque/Madeleine Steer – Microplastics.
- 17:30 - Drinks
- 18:00-19:00 - Main event
This free event is open to all.
Crosscurrents is a collaborative project between Plymouth Marine Laboratory and Plymouth University. The aim of the project is to bring together academics and practitioners from different disciplines, to share their work, engage in a dialogue and communicate their research to the wider public.