The Plymouth Tree Partnership is delighted to announce its new series of talks, Discovering Trees, taking place monthly in the Sustainability Hub at the University of Plymouth.
Each talk is presented by Dominic Scanlon MICFor FArborA CEnv. Dominic is the Director of Aspect Tree Consultancy and is regularly employed by Lynher Training for their professional courses.
There are six standalone talks so you can come to all of them or just a few without needing to catch up on any that are missed. Doors open at 18:45 and each talk has a refreshment interval at half time.
The talks are aimed at providing Tree Wardens – new and experienced alike – with the knowledge and skills needed to be effective in their chosen roles. However, anyone with a genuine interest in trees will benefit from the talks and are welcome to attend. Tree Wardens and University students will have free admission while others will be invited to make a donation towards the cost of the series.
- Thursday 13 October | How trees grow
- Thursday 17 November | How to identify and name trees
- Thursday 15 December | Threats to tree health
- Thursday 19 January | Planting and caring for new trees
- Thursday 23 February | Pruning – the whys and wherefores
- Thursday 23 March | Identifying and protecting notable trees