Following on from six successful years, the University of Plymouth and Plymouth City Council are delighted to be hosting the Plymouth International Dementia Conference on Friday 4 May 2018.
This inspirational, innovative and unique conference will draw on arts and social science, and offer a global perspective on the latest projects helping and empowering people with dementia.
From protecting people from scams and to hearing a perspective from the World Health Council on Dementia, the variety of international speakers and topics from China, Japan and the UK have the potential to open up new ways of working and develop innovative methods of supporting people with dementia and their carers.
There is widespread recognition at the highest level of all governments around the world about the present and potential impacts on dementia. The search for ways to enhance the quality of life for those affected is a constant and complex one.
The aim of the conference is to share ideas and thoughts on projects that have the potential to open up new ways of developing fresh perspectives and ground breaking solutions.
The conference will be opened and broadcast live by David (Fitz) Fitzgerald, BBC Radio Devon, and chaired by Angela Rippon CBE, Ambassador for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Confirmed keynote speakers and activities so far include:
- Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive of the Alzheimer’s Society, UK
- Takehito Tokuda, President of Smart Aging Ltd, presenting with co-workers in Dementia from Japan
- Louise Baxter MBE, National Trading Standards Scams Team, UK
- VAMOS Theatre, UK, performing a dementia related interaction with delegates during the conference
- Dr Alexis Kirke, University of Plymouth, UK, introducing the screening of ‘The Boat’, a short fictional film that addresses age and symptom clichés around dementia
- Q&A Session including Dr Trevor Jarvis BEM, Ambassador to the Alzheimer’s Society.
Registration for this event opens from 08.00 for an 08:50 start. We aim to finish at around 16:00.
Please book your place via the eStore link above.