This symposium coincides with the launch of the second edition of Becoming a Successful Illustrator (Bloomsbury, 2017) by Derek Brazell and Jo Davies, Associate Professor of Illustration, University of Plymouth.
It will feature artists from the best-selling book, talking about their practise across a breadth of contexts, including children’s publishing, games design, comic books, concept art, editorial and printmaking formats.
There will be an opportunity to ask the illustrators questions during the event.
This event is open to all - please register your place via the above link.
- This event will also be live streamed at: https://plymouth.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=e076b81c-ec59-4a87-bd4d-32d55610619f
- 13:00 - Introduction. Jo Davies, author and Ashley Potter, Programme Leader of BA (Hons) Illustration, University of Plymouth
- 13:05 - Viv Schwartz is a writer and illustrator of books, mostly for children. She is published internationally and her work can be seen in award- winning picture books, comics, craft books and interactive books. She also invents games.
- 13:45 - Tom Jay has a background in printmaking and a love of mid-century design. He is successful across many areas of illustration and works for top clients internationally.
- 14:30 - Badger Tracks is a Concept Artist and Designer who has worked on award winning games across PC, mobile and consoles, advertising and film.
- 15:30 - Panel Q&A
- 16:15 - Andrea D’Aquino is a New York based Illustrator and ex-art director. She has always resisted labels like art director, illustrator, graphic designer and finds herself happiest straddling the line between all those areas of practice.
- 17:00 Close
Contact Jo Davies (email@example.com) for further information.