Supported by Innovate UK, UKRI and our partners JEOL UK and Oxford Instruments, Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC) is hosting a series of free, business-focused events.
These quarterly Industrial Solutions events will show how different sectors (including those highlighted in the UK government’s Industrial Strategy Fund) can benefit from working with PEMC and will focus on priority areas for the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership (HotSW LEP). The series will also support the establishment of an Analysis & Imaging Network of previous beneficiaries of PEMC’s industry support, intended to promote knowledge exchange and collaboration between industrial, technical, and academic stakeholders.
Our Industrial Solutions event on Tuesday 26 October 2021 focused on the food and drink sectors, featuring presentations on how electron microscopy has been helpful for previous industrial partners. We provided updates from the team at PEMC, shared insights on relevant techniques with our colleagues at Quorum Technologies and discussed upcoming funding and collaboration opportunities.
09:30 – Setup and arrival
10:00 – Welcome and introduction to PEMC
10:15 – Introduction to Plymouth Materials Characterisation Network (PMCN)
10:40 – Food science talk - Dr Victor Kuri
11:00 – SME talk - Paul Winterton (CEO of Rare and Pasture, former CEO of Langage Farm)
11:20 – Break
11:30 – Application talk - Mark Taylor, Quorum Technologies
11:45 – Funding opportunities - UKRI
12:00 – Q&A for all speakers
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Live demonstration
14:00 – End
Find out more about each event in the Industrial Solutions series by clicking on the theme below.
- 24 August 2021: PMCN launch
- 26 October 2021: Food and drink
- 2 March 2022: Materials and manufacturing
- April 2022: Marine science and technology
- July 2022: Geo-environmental
- October 2022: Batteries and energy
- December 2022: Biomedical and healthy ageing
- March 2023: Celebration event
The sessions are primarily aimed at the following audience with no restrictions on attendance.
- UK registered small and medium enterprises (employees <250; turnover <€50m) particularly those based in Devon and looking to develop new products.
- Larger companies in the same sectors.
- Business groups.
- Business support organisations.
Contact Natasha Stephen, PEMC Director for details.