The third of the Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC) Industrial Solutions events took place on Wednesday 10 April with over 30 delegates from industry, business support organisations and academia joining us to hear the latest Innovate UK opportunities and to find out how EFFECT Photonics Ltd and Plessey Semiconductors use PEMC instrumentation to make a real difference to their companies’ performance.
“PEMC is located just down the road from Brixham, meaning that our engineers can readily access the facilities and, importantly, sit next to PEMC’s technical experts, directing investigations and analysis of our components’ unique features; this is key to the ongoing success and growth of the company.” (Tim Durrant, Engineering Manager)
“Having access to state of the art facilities at PEMC, particularly the FIB-SEM, means that Plessey can develop new and improved products for the micro-LED market swiftly, which is critically important in maintaining our position as market leaders in the sector.” (John Whiteman, VP Engineering). Read how Plessey used PEMC’s new FIB-SEM.
For a PDF of
the day’s presentations, please contact Claire Pearce (please
Supported by Innovate UK, UKRI, ZEISS, the University’s own Research & Innovation team and funded by ERDF, PEMC invites industrial partners old and new to join us for one of our future events on the main University campus, to discover what Electron Microscopy could do for you.
Up until mid-2020, PEMC will host a series of events that will focus specifically on sectors identified within the UK government’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and priority areas for the HOTSW Local Enterprise Partnership. Companies are warmly invited to join us for any or all of these free events, to learn more about our services, existing collaborations and future opportunities, and how your business could benefit.
Designed to be informative, relevant and useful in terms of practical analysis and future funding opportunities, each event will be brief, but packed with useful information to inspire.
To find out more about each event, just select the date and theme below.
7 February 2019: engineering and aerospace
10 April 2019: photonics and microelectronics
18 July 2019: healthy ageing/biomedical
18 September 2019: marine technology
20 November 2019: new energy/renewables
12 February 2020: geoscience
2 April 2020: celebration event
The sessions are primarily aimed at the following audience with no restrictions on attendance.
- Devon-based companies (with less than 250 employees) looking to develop new products – particularly those who work in advanced engineering, photonics, microelectronics, manufacturing, composites, robotics or new energy.
- Larger companies in the same sectors.
- Business groups (e.g. members of Plymouth Manufacturers Group, North Devon Manufacturing Association, Hi Tech Forum, SW Business Council, EEF)
- Business support organisations.
Events are free to attend but booking is essential via the above link.
Contact Claire Pearce, PCMP Manager for details.
Previous Industrial Solutions events
- 7 February 2019 - featuring Composite Innovations Ltd and MB Aerospace – see the news release for details (8 March 2019)
- 15 November 2018 - featuring South West Metal Finishing Ltd and Ramer Ltd - see the news release for details (29 November 2018)