How does participation help research?
This will be the topic of discussion at the Centre for Methodological Innovations Participatory Research Cluster launch event on Friday 12 June.
From child’s play to the latest medical interventions, join us at the Centre for Methodological Innovations Participatory Research Cluster launch event to discuss how participation across a variety of subject areas can assist research.
aim is to hold at least three meetings a year and this launch event will
kick-start topics to be discussed.
will be of particular interest to staff, practitioners and postgraduate
students and the programme will run as follows:
- 10.45am-11am: Registration and Welcome
- 11am-11.20am: Introduction to cluster (Julia Morgan)
- 11.20am-12.05pm: Guest speaker - Professor Kay Tisdall, University of Edinburgh - 'Better knowledge, improved ethics and more inclusive? Participatory research methods with children and young people'
- 12.05pm-12.30pm: Questions and discussion on what participants would like from the cluster and discussion of participants research and research areas (Caroline Leeson)
- 12.30pm-1.30pm: Lunch and networking
Kay Tisdall is Professor of Childhood Policy and Co-Director of the Centre for Research on Families and Relationships, at the University of Edinburgh. She has an ongoing commitment to children and young people’s participation in her policy and academic work, resulting in collaboration with policy-makers and practitioners locally, nationally and internationally and an academic research programme on children and young people’s participation. She and colleagues have a keen interest in working directly with children and young people in research, which has included three ESRC grants to help developed advanced research methods courses with children and young people (see www.crfr.ac.uk/eventsandtraining/training/cpd-training/ and www.sps.ed.ac.uk/pgtcs), and associated publications.
This event is free to attend but booking is essential. Please contact the Institute of Health and Community if you require any further information.