We are 80% of the way there and we should not sleep until it is in place.
In this Sustainable Earth Institute public talk, Angus Forbes will talk about his passion for global governance of the biosphere, entwined with music, videos, sporting analogies and, if permissible, mild swearing.
We have joined Mother Nature in the driving seat of running the biosphere. We are the first species to do so and we are doing a terrible job. We will keep failing because we have no dedicated leadership, no global rules and no power to enforce.
The Nessun Dorma talk promotes the idea that we must put in place a Global Planet Authority to run the biosphere, but fortunately we are already 80% of the way there.
- 18:00-18:30: Registration
- 18:30-19:40: Nessun Dorma - The Talk
- 19:40-20:00: Q and A session
Praise for Nessun Dorma – The Talk
- “Your insights and advice have been really well received by those in attendance and will make a significant difference to their futures. I wanted to share that with you so that you know what a positive impact your talk has had.”
- “Angus has developed innovative, thought provoking content that is both entertaining and an impactful call for action.”
- “Angus is one of those very rare birds who has come up with a powerful idea. I went to see his presentation a few weeks ago and I can honestly say I have not seen a more important, mind-blowing and spellbinding presentation since I saw Nelson Mandela talk in 1987.”
- “I wanted to thank you for inviting me to your amazing, eye opener of a speech. It was the most potent talk on the why and what of regulating the direction of the biosphere I have heard.”
This talk is open to all - please register your place via the above link.
BIOGRAPHY: Angus Forbes BEc (Hons) MBA
The son of an Australian diplomat, Angus grew up in Hong Kong, Hamburg, Port Moresby, Belgrade and Auckland. After university he worked in the City (London) for 20 years, at stockbrokers James Capel and Merrill Lynch and subsequently at the hedge fund GLG Partners. There he ran the global consumer sector equity long short fund. Leaving the City in 2007, Angus started working for himself as an investor and mentor in consumer start-ups. Currently he is involved in six small companies, whose activities include Mexican food, surf wear, Vietnamese food, vegan food, dance fitness and a wedding reception venue. He also works with his wife Dame Darcey Bussell DBE on her business and philanthropic interests. With a passion for the environment, Angus founded Bankers without Boundaries in 2014, and is an advocate for global governance of the biosphere.