The Futures Entrepreneurship Centre invites business owners, entrepreneurs, managers, team leaders, individuals and students to join this Professional Development Course to:
- develop and enhance communication skills within a business setting
- deploy and understand the power of effective persuasion in professional negotiations
- learn different communication styles and approaches.
Persuasion and negotiation skills can be learnt and are one of the most important skills in today’s business world together with communication skills. These skills are critical and essential for business owners, managers, leaders or individuals to help them to achieve set goals and objectives.
- 12:15 – 12:50 Registration and Lunch
- 12:50 – 13:00 Welcome
- 13:00 – 16:45 Talks and Sessions
- 16:45 – 17:00 Close
- 17:00 – 17:30 Networking
Speakers and sessions
DR NIGEL JACKSON
The Art of Persuasion
This session focuses on how to make your business communications more persuasive and effective. Furthermore, the session offers tips from research that businesses are able to apply in different situations and consequently improve business operations.
LUCY HIRST AND KATHERINE STEVENS
Confident Communication: how to approach public speaking, presenting with conviction, and positive language
This session applies a rich skill set of theatre practices and language devices to deliver an accessible guide to communicating with confidence in a business setting. This ranges from basic body language to making quantitative content creative.
The Power of Presence
This session, by using techniques that develop the vocal and physical gravitas of the individual, will enable delegates to become aware of their true potential; explore their talents, skills and values; improve vocal pitch, pace and tone to create impact and influence people. It will further explore talents, skills and values within the wider context of their career and life experience.
Please register your place via the eStore link above.
- Delegate fee: £95.00
- University of Plymouth staff: Free
- University of Plymouth’ students: A refundable deposit of £10 is required to book your space - this is then refunded to you after attending the event.
Contact Elena Novakova for queries or for further information.