Thursday 3 March is Mental Health Awareness Day across universities in the UK and the Mental Health Workers and Student Minds Society have planned a day of events to raise awareness of how students can promote their own positive mental health.
- In the Students' Union there will be a positive mental health tree where you can add your own thoughts on what promotes mental wellbeing.
- A yoga session run by MGA 9-10 am in Illusion. The class is free though places are limited so booking is required (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Student Minds Society will be handing out positive mental health quotes and asking you to pass on the positivity with random acts of kindness.
- The Peer Supporters have planned a cycle ride to support students in getting away from the city and enjoying some of Plymouth’s green spaces. Bikes are provided. More information and to sign up
- Come and take your picture in the Student Minds Frame Photo Booth in the Students' Union.
- Feeling stressed? Try a Relaxation Session in the Wellbeing Centre, Room 207 from 1-2pm.
- Other events such as Pop-Up Board game café
and free cake will be in the SU on the day so pop along to find out more.
Positive Mental Health Art Competition
Alongside the events on the day we are also running a Positive Mental Health Art Competition. Any media can be used and the winning pieces will be displayed in the University.*
The following prizes are up for grabs!
- 1st prize - £100 Amazon voucher
- 2nd Prize - £50 Amazon Voucher
- 3rd Prize - £25 Amazon Voucher
*We would like to keep your artwork to display in the University on a permanent basis.