The FMSP and Plymouth University are collaborating with other universities in the South West to offer a series of Mathematics Workshops for year 9 pupils.
The project will be led by Ted Graham (FMSP Associate) and will involve students from across the South West region. Each school can send a group of four students to a workshop.
The programme for the day has an emphasis on problem solving and linking kinematics at GCSE with mechanics in the new A level.
- 10:00 - Welcome and briefing
- 10:15 - Problem solving session
- 11:15 - Refreshment break
- 11:30 - Motion under gravity (linking GCSE and Mechanics from A level)
- 13:00 - Lunch (possibly with mini-campus tour)
- 13:45 - Card tricks and mathematics
- 14:45 - Depart
There is no charge for the project day but you will need to arrange travel for the students and any accompanying staff to the University venue. You and the students will also need to bring a packed lunch.
Please note this event is now fully booked (page updated 22 December 2016).
If you require more information or have any questions, please contact Ted Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org).