The Further Mathematics Support Programme (FMSP) and Plymouth University are collaborating with other universities in the South West to offer a series of Mathematics Days for able year 10 pupils.
The project will be led by Ted Graham (FMSP Associate) and will involve up to 200 students from across the South West region. Each school can send a group of four students to the day that is most convenient for them. Today's event will be held at Plymouth University.
The programme for the day includes an introduction to one aspect of Further Mathematics and two problem solving sessions.
- 10am: Welcome and briefing
- 10.15am: An Introduction to Complex Numbers
- 11.15am: Refreshment break
- 11.30am: Statistical Problems and Simulations
- 1pm: Lunch (possibly with mini-campus tour)
- 1.45pm: Card Tricks and Mathematics
- 2.45pm: Depart
Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Location: Plymouth University.
Contact Ted Graham for more information or if you have any questions about this event.