Are you looking to improve your marketing skills? Do you want to increase your business' customer base? Is a career in marketing something you are interested in? Would you like to have your skills and expertise recognised by a top professional management body? Then this fully-funded seven-week course is for you.
The course aims to develop your understanding of the role of marketing to achieve organisational objectives. You will analyse the marketing environment, understand how to market a product or service and how to judge the success of marketing outcomes. Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and delivered by the University of Plymouth, it uses funding from the European Social Fund's Hidden Talent and Strategic Employer Engagement in Devon projects.
What you will get from the course
It will help equip you with the expertise needed to run successful marketing campaigns. In addition, you will be provided with membership of the CMI for the duration of the course. This includes access to CMI's Management Direct learning portal, as well as other member benefits, such as the career development centre and mentoring service. You will receive a Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership from the CMI on successful completion of the assignment.
If you are a business owner it is a great way to either enhance your marketing skills by joining the course yourself or to develop your employees and increase the value they provide to your organisation.
The course will be delivered entirely online and will consist of seven weeks of webinars. In addition, there will be some online message board forums and up to one hour's 1:1 support with the tutor.
The course details are as follows:
- Tuesday 1 September, 9:30-11:30 - Webinar and Course Induction
- Thursday 3 September, 9:30-11:30 - Webinar
- Tuesday 8 September, 9:30-11:30 - Webinar
- Thursday 10 September, 9:30-11:30 - Webinar; 11:30-12:30 - Online forum
- Tuesday 15 September, 9:30-11:30 - Webinar
- Thursday 17 September, 9:30-11:30 - Webinar; 11:30-12:30 - Online forum
- Tuesday 22 September, 9:30-11:30 - Webinar
- Thursday 24 September, 9:30-11:30 - Online Forum
- Tuesday 29 September, 9:30-11:30 - Assessment/Recap Webinar
- Tuesday 13 October, 9:30-11:30 - Assessment Forum
Course participants will be expected to meet most of these dates but webinars will be recorded and the content on the online forums will be available to access after they take place. Participants will be expected to complete the assignment, which will enable them to obtain the qualification. The deadline for the assignment will be Sunday 1 November.
The course is free for people who either:
- have a Devon postcode and are looking to apply these skills to enhance their career and employability prospects;
- work for an eligible small-or-medium sized business (SME) based in Devon which will benefit from their participation (the SME will need to register with the project if they are not already but details will be provided once the learner registers on Eventbrite).
Other essential eligibility criteria include:
- right to work in the UK;
- over 18;
- have functional skills in English;
- do not have an existing qualification in Marketing at Level 5 or above.
You will also need reliable access to the internet.
Once you have booked on the course we will contact you to arrange a short interview via Zoom to check you meet the eligibility criteria. During the interview, you will need to show a copy of your passport (or alternative e.g. birth certificate) as proof of your right to work in the UK. Previous participants of Hidden Talent in Devon will not need to provide these details if they have already done so at previous training courses or taster sessions.
Please note that places on this course are subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria above. All courses are subject to participant numbers and will only run if sufficient numbers are achieved. The University of Plymouth reserves the right to cancel a course if insufficient participant numbers are recruited.