Plymouth’s marine and maritime industry conference, Marine Tech Expo, returns as a virtual event in July to align with the Mayflower 400 commemorations and world-famous SailGP event.
The event is designed to demonstrate the South Coast's marine credentials to the world and brings together decision makers, innovators and enterprises involved in the latest advances in marine technology. The third Marine Tech Expo will focus on autonomous applications and sustainable marine developments.
The conference will provide a platform for businesses to showcase, network and collaborate with the world class marine technology sector that exists in the South West.
- Keynote speakers include Richard May, Head of Oceansgate and Marine Investment at Plymouth City Council, Brigadier Dan Cheeseman, Member of the Navy Executive Committee, Di Gilpin, Smart Green Shipping, and Simon Cheeseman, Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult; Wave and Tidal Energy Sector Specialist.
- Day 1 of the expo (12 July) will explore the application of autonomy in marine science and the commercial world through a series of talks.
- Day 2 (13 July) will be centred on sustainability within the marine world, with discussions covering methods of propulsion, energy sources and our impact on the ocean environment.
- An online exhibition will showcase the latest marine technology developments while drop-in sessions will be held throughout the conference with options to set up 1:1 sessions for in-depth discussions.
- In-sea demonstrations of autonomous vehicles will take place in Plymouth's Smart Sound proving range on both days and live-streamed to delegates. This includes a demonstration by the University on the journey towards USV using terrestrial communications.
Speakers will include representatives from the University of Plymouth.
Visit the Marine Tech Expo website for full details and/or register your free place via the Eventbrite link above.
The event is organised by Plymouth City Council with the support of key industry partners from across the city. The first expo was held in 2016 and the second one took place in 2018.