Life cycle assessment (LCA) is a method to asses impact on the environment through all of the steps of a product/system life cycle.
SMEs based in Devon are invited to join Lauranne Fauvet for an introductory half-day workshop to learn more about the life cycle assessment method and how it can help your business to move towards more sustainable practices.
In this workshop, you will:
- Discover what life cycle assessment is.
- Understand the basic principles of this method and how it can be useful in your SME.
- Learn how to use a dedicated tool to perform a life cycle assessment through a hands-on exercise with real products.
Following the workshop, there will be opportunity for further one to one support for your Devon-based SME from the Impact Lab. For more information about this event or the support available from Impact Lab, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: This is an introductory workshop, so no prior knowledge is required, though attendees will need to be familiar with computers. This workshop is aimed at small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) based in Devon. If this does not apply to you but you would still like to attend, please contact us at email@example.com
- 09:00-09:30 – Welcome and registration
- 09:30-10:00 – Introduction to Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- 10:00-10:15 – Coffee break
- 10:15-11:45 – Hands-on session with a dedicated LCA tool
- 11:45-12:00 - "Industry 4.0 and Circular Economy for Sustainable Business Development" with Sachin Kumar