This workshop is for University of Plymouth staff only.
What is a podcast?
A podcast is an enhanced piece of digital media (video and/or audio) which is made available for download for use on mobile devices and computers. It offers the opportunity to deliver course materials, lectures and presentations, news outside a conventional classroom environment. This session will introduce podcasting and give you the opportunity for hands on.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for any staff who needs to record/produce a podcast to publish online for students, staff and members of the public.
You must have basic PC skills (i.e. be able to use a mouse, keyboard).
What will I learn?
You will have a good introductory
knowledge of podcasting and be able to record and publish online.
- Introduction to podcasting
- What equipment do you need?
- Recording a podcast using Audacity
- Narrating a PowerPoint presentation and saving as video
- Distributing your resources to students and staff
- Copyright and other issues
- Handy hints to assist you in creating a professional podcast
Bring any ideas you would like to work on to the session.
For enquiries about this workshop please the Digital Education team.