These seminars are arranged by the Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine, within the Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry.
The audience for the ITSMED seminar includes a mix of academic staff (clinical and scientific), post-doctoral fellows, postgraduate students and occasionally undergraduate students. Speakers are invited to talk for approximately 40 minutes followed by an opportunity for questions at the end.
22 March 2017: Nitrate, muscle and electricity
- Speaker: Anthony G Wynne, School of Biomedical and Healthcare Sciences, Plymouth University.
The development of 3D cell culture models of exercise to study the bioenergetics of dietary nitrate supplementation.
24 March 2017: Experimental models for primary and secondary brain tumours - their use for the identification of new therapeutic targets
- Speaker: Professor Rolf Bjerkvig, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen.
21 April 2017: New ways to target tumour suppressor signalling networks for cancer therapy
- Speaker: Dr Paul Huang, Institute of Cancer Research, London.
3 May 2017: title to be confirmed
- Speaker: Professor Myra Conway, UWE Bristol.
10 May 2017: title to be confirmed
- Speaker: Professor Edgar Serfling, Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Germany.
17 May 2017: Exercising osteocytes and old ladies (and men!)
- Speaker: Dr Val Mann, School of Biomedical and Healthcare Sciences, Plymouth University.
27 June 2017: Tumour classification and target identification - Methylation analysis and NGS in brain tumour assessment
- Speaker: Professor Andreas von Deimling, Department of Neuropathology, University of Heidelberg.
Contacts for further information