Twitter data can be a powerful source of information, able to provide a real-time outlook on current day events, including political, social, environmental and natural processes (elections, crime, rainfall, wind, floods, pollution) and more.
Join Luciana Dalla Valle, Lauren Ansell and Marco Palomino for this hands-on introductory half-a-day workshop to learn more about how to extract insights from Twitter using RStudio.
- Discover how to access tweets about specific topics and produce useful visualizations of social media data.
- Engage with the RStudio Tidytext packages to explore and analyse text information from tweets.
- Gain expertise in performing sentiment analysis of tweets.
- Learn how social media data integration can provide your business with a competitive advantage.
Eligibility: This is an introductory workshop to the analysis of Twitter data. The only prerequisite is computer familiarity, in particular basic knowledge of RStudio.
- 9:30-10:00 – Welcome, registration and refreshments
- 10:00-10:30 – Introduction to social media analysis
- 10:30-11:00 – Sentiment analysis and polarity
- 11:00-11:30 – Coffee break
- 11:30-13:30 – Hands-on session with RStudio