This is an introductory course to using RStudio, hosted by the Environmental Futures and Big Data Impact Lab at the University of Plymouth.
In this free course you will learn to use RStudio as an alternative to using Excel to interpret your data. The course will teach how to use RStudio to produce numerical summaries and graphical displays of data. No prior knowledge of RStudio is required for this workshop, which will begin from the fundamentals of what RStudio is and build from there.
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- Arithmetic in R
- Reading in data from external sources, including data from Excel and R Objects
- How to produce numerical summaries and graphical displays of data
- An introduction to Bayesian statistical inference
- Analysis in the frequentist framework
- Regression modelling and prediction
- Analysis of variance for a designed experiment.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com