The IHC Plymouth Public Health Forum was set up to facilitate closer links between those from across Plymouth, who are engaged in public health.
It is a resource for anyone in Plymouth (and beyond) to use to support the development and evaluation of public health in Plymouth.
Today's event focuses on 'Social Prescribing and Evaluation of Complex Interventions'.
Refreshments from 13:30, start time 14:00.
- 14:00 - Welcome (Jill Shawe, University of Plymouth and Rob Nelder, Plymouth City Council)
- 14:10 - Sarah Taylor and Gemma Gowan (Wolseley Trust, Jan Cutting Healthy Living Centre): ‘The Development and Impact of Social Prescribing in Plymouth’
- 14:40 - Emma Hazeldin (Community and Primary Care Group, Centre for Clinical Trials and Population Studies, University of Plymouth): ‘Link worker experiences of social prescribing in Wolseley Trust, Plymouth and Volunteer Cornwall: early implementation findings’
- 15:10 - Refreshments and networking
- 15:30 - Richard Byng (Community and Primary Care Research Group and PenCLAHRC, University of Plymouth): ‘How can wellbeing hubs generate wellbeing? How would we know?’
- 16:00 - Zoe Allen (Peninsula Dental School, University of Plymouth, and Public Health England): ‘Process evaluation for the ‘New Home New You’ project’
- 16:20 - Discussion and concluding remarks (Jill Shawe and Rob Nelder)
If you are interested in attending this free event, please register your place via the above link.