Writers & Artists are joining forces with literature development charity Literature Works once again to bring you a day of getting to grips with the practicalities of writing.
This day of discovery is dedicated to how you can take your writing to the next level, and includes talks from an array of acclaimed authors, panel discussions with leading publishers, and insight from top literary agents.
The event will:
- cover essential aspects of the writing process, from immersing your characters into your writing world to the process of editing
- include keynote talks from leading authors and panel discussions with leading literary agents, who are always on the lookout for debut authors to add to their lists
- also help you to understand the current market and offer guidance on the all important manuscript submission process.
- 08:30-09:00 - Registration and welcome teas and coffees
- 09:00-09:30 - Introduction and publishing industry overview from chair Alysoun Owen, Editor of the Writers' & Artists' Yearbook and the Children's Writers' & Artists' Yearbook
- 09:30-10:30 - Writing is Re-Writing – the process of editing with author Wyl Menmuir
- 10:30-10:50 - Short water break
- 10:50-11:50 - First Chapters – immersing your readers into your world with author Natasha Pulley
- 11:50-12:20 -
Introducing Literature Works with CEO Helen Chaloner
- 12:20-12:30 - Lunch break (lunch included)
- 13:30-14:30 -
Establishing pace and plot with author C L Taylor
- 14:30-16:00 -
How to submit your work to an agent: practical tips from literary agents Kate Johnson and Juliet Pickering
Visit the Writers & Artists webpage for full event details including booking information.