This collaborative event will bring together the results of our health justice research projects and ongoing work with Devon and Cornwall Police, and provide a forum for networking and discussions.
- Engager is an intervention supporting individuals with mental health problems ‘through the prison gate’ and into the community.
- STRENGTHEN is a novel health promotion intervention for individuals in probation aiming to improve mental health and address smoking and drinking.
There will be opportunities to discuss future innovations and collaborations and to develop ideas for future work, designing and evaluating new ways of improving health for individuals in contact with the criminal justice system.
Our research in this area has only been possible though joint work with teams from the local and regional health, social care and justice sectors. Our invited speakers include:
- Mark Bignell, Hamoaze House, Plymouth
- Gary Wallace, Office of the Director of Public Health, Plymouth City Council
- Mark Bolt, Devon & Cornwall Police
- Jon Nason, HM Prison & Probation Service.
This free event will include lunch and refreshments. Please register your place via the above link.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org