Join us as we celebrate our Green Week on campus with UPSU and the University. We are a leading award winning university for sustainability and want to encourage staff and students to get involved in Green Week and learn more about what’s happening at the University for all things green.
There are events planned throughout the week across University and UPSU and details can be found below.
Ditch the Disposables launches on 1 February. Find out more below.
Monday 5 February
Meat free Monday
- Check out meat free Monday in RLB Café and Drake's Kitchen.
Tuesday 6 February
Viridor (location: Roland Levinsky Building, 10:00-15:00)
- Find out more about our waste and how campus recycling works.
Green Week Fair (location: Students' Union, 11:00-15:00)
- Stalls, competitions and freebies.
Campus cafés Vegan Day
- Keep an eye out for vegan tasters
and vegan dishes across our campus cafés.
Wednesday 7 February - Sustainable Travel Day
Dr Bike (location: Students' Union Roof, from 09:00)
Do you have a bike in need of some TLC? Dr Bike checks everything on your bike from wheels, brakes, gears and tyre pressure to lights, racks, pedals, saddles and more. By the end, your bike will feel loved and cared for.
Any minor adjustments required can be done to the bike there and then. Anything Dr Bike can't fix on site they will let you know exactly what needs doing and a rough guide to what it should cost at a bike shop.
Checks will take up to 20 minutes - to book your slot contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bicycle Sale with BikeSpace (location: Students' Union Roof, from 09:00)
- BikeSpace is a
Bicycle Maintenance Training Workshop based in Devonport, Plymouth. Old and
unwanted bikes are recycled, repaired and safety checked and then sold on.
Bicycles can be purchased for incredible prices.
Plymotion (location: RLB Café, 10:00-15:00)
- Plymotion in partnership
with Plymouth City Council aims to make it easier for you to get around
Plymouth by bike, on foot and by bus. Through Plymotion we're offering
incentives to encourage you to try greener, cheaper and healthier ways of
getting from A to B, including the opportunity to speak to a travel advisor
about all the travel options available for the regular journeys you make.
Cycle rides with UPSU (booking is required for these events)
- Location: Victoria Park, 10:00-12:00 - Learn to Ride/Cycle Confidence
- Location: UPSU, 13:00-15:00 - Commuter Tutor/Cycle Confidence (free cycle training session)
- Location: UPSU, 15:00-17:00 - Free Guided Cycle Ride
Contact email@example.com for further information.
Wacky Wednesday sandwich at Loafers with a local, Fairtrade and vegetarian twist.
Thursday 8 February
The Green Conversation – hosted by the Environment and Sustainability Forum (location: Illusion Room, Students' Union, 17:30)
- A network, collaboration and communication event across the University on the topic of sustainability. This event will be an opportunity to give feedback, discuss green campaigns/projects, and share what we’re all working on, all with free tea, coffee and refreshments.
- Staff and students are welcome.
Jam House presents Weapons of Sound (location: Students' Union: 20:30)
Friday 9 February
- Did you know all of our EAT
DRINK hot drinks are Fairtrade? Pop into one of our campus cafés with a
reusable cup to get a 10p discount, and find other Fairtrade treats.
Sugar smart day at campus cafés
- Promotion of our sugar free dishes.