Girls into Chemistry is an interactive and fun day aimed at Year 10/11 female students with two special guest speakers from the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
This event aims to encourage female students to study Chemistry in Further and Higher Education in a fun and interactive hands-on day.
This exciting new taster experience - held for the first time this year - includes invited talks from inspiring women in Chemistry who featured in the RSC 175 Faces of Chemistry.
- 09:15-10:00 - Welcome and introduction
- 10:00-10:45 - RSC Speaker 1: Professor Annie Bligh CSci CChem FRSC
- 10:45-11:00 - Comfort break
- 11:00-11:45 - RSC Speaker 2: Dr Asel Sartbaeva MRSC
- 11:45-12:00 - Q&A session
- 12:00-13:00 - Lunch break
- 13:00-16:00 - Laboratory workshop: indigo tie-dye
- 16:00-16:30 - Wrap-up and feedback