Designed specifically for those from a non-accounting background, this half-day course will help owners and managers to improve financial planning in their business, covering budgets and investment appraisal.
- Introduction to accounting - financial and management accounting.
- Deciphering and using key financial statements: statement of financial position, income statement and cash flow.
- Managing cash and stock: introduction to ratios – profitability, liquidity and efficiency.
- What is management accounting and introduction to budgets.
- Managing cash: sources of finance, forecasting and break-even analysis.
- Introduction to investment analysis and how to use it.
Drinks and refreshments will be provided, including a light buffet lunch at 13.00.
This course is being delivered by tutors from the University of Plymouth, with private sector business experience, in partnership with the Federation of Small Businesses and the Plymouth Women in Business Network. The training forms part of the Hidden Talent in Devon project which is funded by the European Social Fund and also provides an introduction to further training and higher-level skills opportunities. Business owners and employees resident in Devon are eligible to attend for FREE.
Due to the nature of the funding delegates are required to bring ID as proof of age and the right to work in the UK - a passport is the most suitable proof. Please note that we cannot accept driving licenses.
Parking – free on-site. Car registration details will be required at sign-up on the day.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.