Would you like to improve your business’ financial planning? Are you new to management accounting or do you need a refresher?
Designed specifically for those from a non-accounting background, this free, half-day course will help owners and managers to improve financial planning in their business, and will cover budgets and investment appraisal.
Drinks and refreshments will be provided, including a light buffet lunch at 13:00.
9:00: Registration (tea and coffee available)
9:30: Introduction to using and understanding the key financial statements and how to use them to gain a clearer picture of your business, covering:
- introduction to accounting: financial and management accounting
- deciphering and using key financial statements: statement of financial position, income statement and cash flow
- managing cash and stock: introduction to ratios: profitability, liquidity and efficiency.
11:00: Coffee break and networking
11:30: Management accounting and understanding of budgets and investment appraisal, covering:
- what is management accounting and introduction to budgets
- managing cash: sources of finance, forecasting and break-even analysis
- introduction to investment analysis and how to use it.
13:00: Networking lunch
The course is being delivered by tutors from the University of Plymouth, with private sector business experience, in partnership with the Federation of Small Businesses. It is being delivered for free with funding from the European Social Fund as part of the Hidden Talent in Somerset project.
Due to the nature of the funding delegates are required to bring ID as proof of age and the right to work in the UK – a passport is the most suitable proof.
Free to attend and parking on site.