Do you need to boost staff performance? Are you looking to better motivate and engage your team? Would you like to improve staff loyalty?
Suitable for both new and experienced managers, this free course will help you to create a more engaged workforce and develop effective performance management techniques. It also serves as a taster for further learning in leadership and management including the Charted Management Institute short course in Developing, Leading and Managing Teams.
Topics will include Performance management, including:
- the general purposes of performance management
- the criteria for effective performance management systems
- approaches to performance management
- the pros and cons of the different sources of performance information.
Employee engagement and retention, including:
- examining what does the term employee engagement mean
- creating an 'engaged' workforce
- discussing what works and what this means in practice.
Drinks and refreshments will be provided, including a light buffet lunch at 13.00.
The course is being delivered by tutors from the University of Plymouth, with private sector business experience, in partnership with the Federation of Small Businesses and the Exeter Women in Business Network. It is being delivered for free with funding from the European Social Fund as part of the Hidden Talent in Devon project. Business owners and employees resident in Devon are eligible to attend for FREE.
Due to the nature of the funding delegates are required to bring ID as proof of age and the right to work in the UK – a passport is the most suitable proof. Please note that we cannot accept driving licenses.
Parking is free on-site.
Please email email@example.com for any queries.