Dr Marta Hawkins, Director of the Futures Entrepreneurship Centre, part of Plymouth Business School would like to invite you to attend an interactive event taking part during the Futures Entrepreneurship Centre International Week of research.
At this first ever Festival of Entrepreneurial Solutions held by the centre, Plymouth Business School academic experts will share their knowledge with local businesses and organisations, so they can apply best possible solutions to their everyday operations. The networking event will enable all participants to forge new relationships and work together on different aspects of business making and research.
The aim of this event is to enable enterprise, academics and students to meet and brainstorm ideas on how to enhance business operation in the following areas: Marketing and PR, Digitalisation, Finance and Loans, Sustainability and Reaching new markets.
There will be practical demonstrations of the most current digital software and applications throughout the day: the first will help small businesses to enhance their PR, and another will explain how to undertake the transfer of SMEs accounting onto online platforms required by the new legislation from 2018.
This event is aimed at small businesses, academics, students, investors, social enterprises, community groups which operates locally and reach out nationally and internationally.
The purpose is to enable enterprise, academics and students to meet and brainstorm ideas on how to enhance business operation and efficiency in the following areas: marketing and PR, economic efficiency, finance and loans, and reaching international markets (Chinese reach).
- 11:00-11:25 - Registration, demonstration and networking
- 11:30-11:50 - Welcome by Professor Nikolaos Tzokas, Dean of the Faculty of Business, Plymouth University
- 11:50-12:30 - Presentation 1 Trade credit management and mitigation of late payment (Professor Salima Paul)
- 12:35-13:20 - Presentation 2: Reaching the Chinese markets (Professor Peijie Wang)
- 13:20-14:30 - Lunch and networking
- 14:30-15:10 - Presentation 3: Creating value through marketing (Dr Sofia Daskou)
- 15:15-16:00 - Presentation 4: Applications of efficiency and productivity analysis (Dr Panagiotis Tziogkidis)
- 16:00-17:00 - Closing comments by Dr Marta Hawkins, Director of Futures Entrepreneurship Centre, followed by networking over a drink (the bar will be open)