- During the day there will be a free hosted CPD event with up to 9 CPD points available.
- Alumni and current students are then invited to attend a drinks reception in the evening to join us in celebrating the history and future of Optometry here in Plymouth, and to reminisce and take a peek at what we have in store.
Rolle Marquee, University of Plymouth
- 13:30–14:30 | Tea/coffee and registration
- 14:30 | Welcome and introduction from the Optometry team
- 14:45 | Platinum Sponsor Talk (Hoya – 15 minutes)
- 15:00 | Gold Sponsor Talk (No7 Contact Lenses – 10 minutes)
- 15:10 | Silver Sponsor Talk (Keeler – 5 minutes)
- 15:20 | Hoya CPD discussion workshop (CPD = 3 points): ‘Myopia Management – goodbye to stretched eyes or pie in the sky’ C-105546
- 16:20 | Break for afternoon tea (40 minutes)
- 17:00 | IOL presentation (details to be confirmed) – Professor Phillip Buckhurst, Academic Lead for MOptom (Hons) Optometry/MSc Advanced Clinical Practice in Ophthalmology
- 17:30 | No7 Scleral fitting presentation (details to be confirmed)
- 18:15 | Tour of the Centre for Eyecare Excellence
- 19:00 | Drinks reception
- 19:30 | Celebrating 12 years of Optometry at the University of Plymouth
- 21:30 | Wind up
With thanks to our sponsors for their support:
Discover our Optometry programmes and CPD courses
- MOptom (Hons) Optometry
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice in Opthalmology
- CPD: Advanced Acute and Emergency Eyecare (ACO707)
- CPD: Advanced Paediatric Ophthalmology (ACO709)
Event photography and video
Please be aware that some of the University of Plymouth's public events (both online and offline) may be attended by University staff, photographers and videographers, for capturing content to be used in University online and offline marketing and promotional materials, for example webpages, brochures or leaflets. If you, or a member of your group, do not wish to be photographed or recorded, please let a member of staff know.