Finding the right balance between maximising land receipts and delivering community benefits is a fundamental challenge for planning.
Organised by the Royal Town Planning Institute (South West branch), this CPD conference will explore this challenge focusing on public sector land disposals and how these can be managed effectively using a range of planning tools.
Speakers and topics include:
- National policy framework and public sector land disposals (Stephen Dance, HM Treasury)
- Planning and delivering development on public land: What planning tools are available to local authorities? / How do planning tools work alongside other levers available to local authorities? / Case studies to illustrate best practice (Tim Johnson, Partner at Cushman & Wakefield)
- Delivering the vision (Mark Brunsdon, Plymouth City Council Head of Strategic Projects)
- Homes England approach and delivering of housing (Ian Collinson, Senior Planning Specialist, Public Sector Land at Homes England)
- DIO/MOD approach, experiences: car parks and cash machines – transforming Torbay’s town centres (Pat Steward, Town Centre Regeneration Programme Director at TDA)
- Funding investment in the NHS estate (Andrew Strange, Senior Strategy Manager at NHS Property Services Ltd).
There will also be an optional site visit.