The University of Plymouth are delighted to be hosting the 14th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC) on 5-9 September 2021, and welcoming the wave and tidal community to the city of Plymouth and the University.
EWTEC provides a forum where those at the forefront of technology development in the sector meet, interact, present their latest knowledge and debate new ideas and issues pertinent to wave and tidal energy conversion.
The University is located on the beautiful coastline of South Devon, and at the heart of the very centre of the city. We’re one of the largest universities in the region, and our world-leading researchers and state-of-the-art test facilities attracts some of the top marine-related academic and commercial research projects from around the world.
Plymouth and its stunning historical waterfront location, rich maritime history, natural harbour and diversity in fish and marine life in Plymouth Sound, has led to it being named as the UK’s first National Marine Park. We’ve also been named as one of the best holiday destinations for 2020* and the friendliest city in the UK†.
With excellent transport links, breath-taking views of the coast and countryside, range of restaurants, quirky independent and top brand shops, Plymouth has something for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you to our vibrant city for EWTEC 2021.
* Plymouth: The City of Discovery Plymouth named as the 3rd best holiday destination for 2020 by CN Traveller.
Plymouth named as the friendliest city in the UK by research conducted by Moonpig.
Registration deadlines and rates
Registration for EWTEC2021 is
now open via the link above.
is a requirement for there to be one delegate registered for every accepted
paper. The Delegate Terms and Conditions for EWTEC2021 registration can be
found at https://tinyurl.com/syph4t2d
- Registration rates are in British pound sterling (£, GBP).
- Deadline dates: Friday 30 July (regular registration), Tuesday 31 August (late registration).
|| Student rate
|| Standard rate
|| Student rate ONLINE
|| Standard rate ONLINE
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
We are delighted to be able to offer several exciting sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
EWTEC 2021 is a unique opportunity to bring together hundreds of experts in the fields of wave and tidal energy, to the city of Plymouth as well as the wider South West of England. Benefits will include:
- the chance to meet face to face with more than 500 experts in wave and tidal energy
- the opportunity to strengthen your network and create new partnerships
- the opportunity to promote your organisation’s products and services to Europe’s leading experts shaping developments in a rapidly expanding sector.
Further information can be found on the EWTEC 2021 website.