First year students from across the Science and Engineering Faculty will be presenting posters and providing an overview of their project ideas aimed at reducing carbon emissions.
Members of staff and the general public are invited to discuss these ideas and vote for their favourite poster. Guests are also welcome to attend lectures, which will take place in Jill Craigie Cinema from 10:00.
Speakers will present an overview of local community-based environmental projects with presentations by Helen Griffin (Plymouth Energy Community Advisor) - Plymouth Energy Community (PEC) and Jackie Young (Urban Agenda SW Sustainability Consultants) - Devon and Cornwall Food Action (DCFA).
- 10:00 - Introduction to the event (Jill Craigie Cinema) – Paul Lunt, School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- 10:15 - Presentation by Helen Griffin. Plymouth Energy Community Advisor, Plymouth Energy Community (PEC)
- 10:45 - Presentation by Jackie Young, Urban Agenda SW Sustainability Consultants - Devon and Cornwall Food Action (DCFA)
- 11.30 Tea/coffee (RLB Foyer)
- 11.45 Poster displays – Discussion of project ideas with students (Ground Floor Atria)
- 13.00 Round-up and close (Jill Craigie Cinema)