The UK government is committed to reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 and in order to achieve this significant changes will need to be made by all of us.
The requirement for businesses of all sizes and in all sectors to demonstrate their carbon emissions and associated reduction plans is becoming more evident day by day. From customers to suppliers, from investors to regulators, the need to take action cannot be ignored.
But what if you don’t know where to start? Or perhaps you have made changes but want to understand what else you can (and should) be doing?
This event will enable businesses to build a personalised action plan towards reducing their carbon footprint.
- What might happen if you don't make a plan? Why does it really matter? Whose responsibility is it?
- How can you measure progress? How can you prove what you are doing? What is Scope 1, 2 , 3 and 4?
Who is it for?
This workshop is hosted by Low Carbon Devon's Knowledge Exchange Officer Chris Woodfield and is for Devon-based SMEs wishing to take practical steps through action learning. By joining this workshop you will:
- produce an action plan tailored to your business to start or progress reductions in your carbon footprint
- have a better understanding of what is involved and who should be doing what
- understand the implications for your business around supply chains and sales opportunities
- get familiar with the jargon and learn what works for your business.