Organised by the Royal Town Planning Institute (South West branch), this conference will provide practitioners with insight into EIA, efficacy and pitfalls and review the effect on development management of the 2016 Housing and Planning Act.
The event will review relevant enforcement matters with case studies. Finally there will against a context of ever greater pressure to process applications be a presentation describing some useful practices.
Speakers and topics include:
- Stefan Boss, Peter Brett Associates (Introduction to the EIA and the new 2017 Regulations)
- John Houghton, Bond Dickinson (The NSIP regime after 10 years – flexible consents and changes to DCOs)
- Gideon Amos, Amos Ellis Consulting Ltd (Development Consent Orders - Flexibility and EIA)
- Paul Barnard, Plymouth City Council (Housing and Planning Act 2016 – A New Era for Development Management?)
- Mark Reynolds, BANES (Processing Applications)
- Ashfords Solicitors (TBC) (Planning Conditions Update)
- Bridget Campbell, Senior Enforcement Inspector at PINS (Getting the Enforcement Notice Right and Best Practice at Hearings and Inquiries)
- John Drew, Cornwall Council (Enforcement - Pitfalls, Solutions and Managing Expectations).