Arnold Bax provided the name to this chamber music concert. He composed his piano piece Mediterranean after being inspired by a trip to Majorca. Here at the heart of Mare Nostrum we explore the grand operatic repertoire as we cross 400 years of history and meet the virtuosic roots of violin and piano playing in Spain, Italy and France.
Pierre-Emmanuel Largeron, violin. Daniel King Smith, piano.
- Paganini: Caprice No.24, for solo violin
- Vivaldi: Violin concerto in A minor
- Geminiani: Violin Sonata in G Major
- Bax: Mediterranean, for piano
- Ravel: Pièce en forme de Habanera
- Sarasate: Hommage à Rossini
Date/time: Saturday 7 May 2016, 19.30
Running time: 120 mins
Venue: Upper Lecture Theatre, Sherwell Centre
Tickets info: £10 / £8 Friends of Peninsula Arts
Ticket discounts available via Artory App