This information evening is an opportunity to find out more about looked after young people and care leavers and how you can support them.
It will also provide a chance to learn more about the Care Leavers Service and what it offers to potential and current students as well as to staff and other stakeholders.
5pm-5.15pm: Arrival and registration
5.15pm-6pm: Journey through education for young people in care
- ‘Succeeding against the odds’ - Annie Singer, Head Teacher of the Plymouth Virtual School for children and young people in care
- A showcase of film by looked after young people - One Minute, One Life, Four Stories (10 minutes)
- A short talk by the Care Leavers Service Team
- A showcase of Care Leaver Tectona Sailing Trip film (5 minutes)
- Q&A session with the Care Leavers Team and current care leaver students
6pm-7pm: Refreshments and a chance to chat with care leaver students and the Care Leavers Team and colleagues
All are welcome to attend but registration is required by 23 February. Please contact the Care Leavers Team for further information or if you have any questions about the event.