The Britain and the Sea conference aims to consider maritime risks in an era of uncertainty, and their effects on world trade.
Key issues under discussion include:
- Free trade and protectionism
- The cost of limiting ship emissions
- Competitiveness in UK maritime education and research
- Geopolitics, sea power and the security of trade routes
- Rethinking ocean governance.
The fourth Britain and the Sea Conference is organised by The Maritime Foundation in cooperation with Plymouth University. It is part of the London International Shipping Week 2015 event.
Visit the conference website for full programme details and information about the speakers.