As with the previous Skunk-Works, this workshop will explore key aspects of the UK’s Industrial Strategy as framework for individual/group research activities within the Design Area.
The workshop will focus on a practical engagement with the new Automation Call for the South West Creative Technology Network (SWCTN).
10:00: Introduction (Pete Davis/Mike Phillips/Vicky Squire)
10:15-11:45: Things that Talk: Conversational Artificial Intelligence (B Aga)
- Hands-on workshop with AIs (details to follow)
12:00-13:30: Things that Walk: Robotics Workshop (Swen Gaudl)
- Hands-on workshop with robots
13:30-14:30 Working lunch with conversations about:
- Intellectual Property (Rupert Lorraine)
- Business Engagement and Knowledge Exchange (Tom Edie)
- Automation Call Proposals (Mike Phillips)
14:30-15:00: Current SWCTN Immersion Fellows Presentation #1: Jane Grant
15:00-15:30: Current SWCTN Immersion Fellows Presentation #2: Aste Amundsen
15:30-16:00: Breakout discussion/End