The Society for Underwater Technology (SUT) is a multidisciplinary learned society that brings together organisations and individuals with a common interest in underwater technology, ocean science and offshore engineering.
The South West meeting is free and open to all but registration is essential via the Eventbrite webpage. The Eventbrite webpage also has full details about each subject and a form to contact the organiser for any queries.
- Metocean measurements from Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (speaker: Claire Cardy, Director, Nortek UK)
- Coastal measurements from aerial drones (speaker: Dr Tim Scott, Lecturer in Ocean Exploration, University of Plymouth)
- Physical oceanography measurements from surfers and satellites (speaker: Dr Bob Brewin, Remote Sensing Scientist, Plymouth Marine Laboratory)
- Biological oceanography measurements from vessels of opportunity (speaker: Dr George Graham, Instrumentation Data Scientist, Marine Biological Association)
- Subsea Augmented Reality – Visualise and Measure (speaker: Alexander Steele, R&D Hydrographic Surveyor, Fugro)
Presentations start at 18:15 and will be chaired by Dr Edward Steele from the Met Office.