During our 5th PedRIO (Pedagogic Research Institute and Observatory) Annual Conference, the University will be focusing on teaching, learning and pedagogy in higher education.
From Curriculum Innovation to Internationalisation this one day conference will bring together an audience of academic and professional services staff and students from across the disciplines. This event aims to disseminate best practice and allow for knowledge exchange on important key themes, relevant to teaching and learning provision within the university sector.
The themes for the conference are around five key areas (below) and based on research from across and between disciplines:
- Educational Sustainable Development
- Induction and Transition
- Curriculum Innovation.
- The Pedagogic Practice of Improvisation - will we find it when we get there? (Adam Benjamin, Lecturer in Theatre and Performance, School of Humanities and Performing Arts)
- Dr Ian Scott, Associate Dean for Student Experience, Oxford Brookes University
Please note that there is no cost to attend this one day conference. Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
- For travel information to Plymouth University including maps, please visit www.plymouth.ac.uk/your-university/visit/getting-here
- For hotel accommodation in Plymouth, please visit www.visitplymouth.co.uk/where-to-stay although we recommend The Copthorne, Jury’s Inn and Holiday Inn as the closest hotels to the University.
The conference will also see the official launch of the SHINE website, a unique project and e-resource for student wellbeing which meets many different student needs and is available to all Plymouth University students.
The SHINE team will be on hand to demonstrate the website and give participants the opportunity to explore the firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.