Education and teaching - subject area funding

Undergraduate and postgraduate students can get help with the costs of their teacher training. You can get student finance if you’re an undergraduate student or postgraduate student on Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) courses. You can get student finance at the same level of student loans, grants and bursaries as other students. 

Extra help for postgraduate students 

You may be eligible for a training bursary from NCTL. How much you get depends on your teaching subject and degree class. 

For a full list of all available bursaries, please visit the Get into Teaching website.

Please visit NHS, teaching and other government support pages for more information on funding for education and teaching courses.