Social work Clearing places 2017
Find social work courses available through Clearing for September at Plymouth University for 2017 entry
Social work at Plymouth
Want to make a rewarding and positive contribution to society? Social workers support children and families through child protection procedures, fostering and adoption and youth justice to name but a few. They also support adults with issues including disability, drug and alcohol dependency, mental health, homelessness and safeguarding. You'll spend over 170 days on real-life placements with adults and children, so you’ll graduate ready to start your professional career.
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council upon graduation.
- Integrated learning approach involving service users and carers at every stage of the programme.
- Placements are assessed by qualified social workers across a range of adult and childcare settings.
- Graduates are widely employed throughout the south west and beyond in a range of settings.
- We’re very proud of our National Student Survey (NSS) 2017 return showing 91% of students found our staff are good at explaining things. 93% found the course intellectually stimulating, and more than 90% expressed overall satisfaction with the course.
- We’re ranked as a top 3 modern university in the UK by The Times Higher Education, Young University Rankings 2017.
- Plymouth was named the second safest place to live in Britain in Provident’s Unbroken Britain Survey 2017.
- Named one of the top 20 coolest places to live in Britain by The Times, and described as ‘the coolest little city by the sea’ by GQ magazine.
- We're one of the largest universities in the country with a vibrant Students’ Union offering over 60 sports clubs and 121 societies.
- Our campus is at the centre of a thriving, oceanfront city in one of the UK’s most beautiful regions. Enjoy easy access to the fine beaches and beautiful countryside of the South West.
- University guaranteed accommodation within easy walking distance of campus for those going through Clearing.