Nursing Clearing places 2017
Find nursing courses available through Clearing at Plymouth University for September 2017 entry
Nursing at Plymouth
If you have the qualities that demonstrate a compassionate and professional approach to care, then nursing is for you. We've developed our courses to ensure that our graduates are equipped with the skills and knowledge to help shape the healthcare of tomorrow. We are consistently recognised as one of the leading providers of nursing education across the region and our nursing courses are informed by credible research delivered by high-quality teaching staff.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) upon graduation.
- Adult nursing teaching offered in Plymouth, Truro or Exeter locations.
- Placements in the community and hospital settings make up 50 per cent of the course.
- High specification facilities including fully equipped clinical skills suites.
- We’re very proud of our National Student Survey (NSS) 2017 return showing overall satisfaction for 97% of students on the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child Health) course. 91% found that staff make the subject interesting on BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) with more than 92% finding that staff are good at explaining things on BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health).
- We’re ranked as a top 3 modern university in the UK by The Times Higher Education, Young University Rankings 2017.
- Plymouth was named the second safest place to live in Britain in Provident’s Unbroken Britain Survey 2017.
- Named one of the top 20 coolest places to live in Britain by The Times, and described as ‘the coolest little city by the sea’ by GQ magazine.
- We're one of the largest universities in the country with a vibrant Students’ Union offering over 60 sports clubs and 121 societies.
- Our campus is at the centre of a thriving, oceanfront city in one of the UK’s most beautiful regions. Enjoy easy access to the fine beaches and beautiful countryside of the South West.
- University guaranteed accommodation within easy walking distance of campus for those going through Clearing.