Music Clearing places 2017
Find Music courses available through Clearing at Plymouth University for September 2017 entry
Music at Plymouth
Find your groove. Explore music from different cultures and traditions and create your place in today’s rapidly changing musical landscape. Develop your own interests with specialist pathways in composition, performance, ethnomusicology and technology. With a focus on performance and creative practice, you will gain the practical, critical and technical skills to expand your understanding of music in all its forms. The breadth of this course will equip you for a variety of music-related careers.
- Opportunity to undertake an overseas exchange in your second year to Sweden, Hamburg or the USA.
- Make use of our rehearsal and recording facilities, including individual practice rooms, a professional recording environment, audio computer workstations and instrumental facilities.
- Benefit from links with the University’s Centre for Computer Music Research.
- The band Muse recently donated £15,000 of state of the art equipment to us.
- We’re ranked as a top 3 modern university in the UK by The Times Higher Education, Young University Rankings 2017.
- Plymouth was named the second safest place to live in Britain in Provident’s Unbroken Britain Survey 2017.
- Named one of the top 20 coolest places to live in Britain by The Times, and described as ‘the coolest little city by the sea’ by GQ magazine.
- We're one of the largest universities in the country with a vibrant Students’ Union offering over 60 sports clubs and 121 societies.
- Our campus is at the centre of a thriving, oceanfront city in one of the UK’s most beautiful regions. Enjoy easy access to the fine beaches and beautiful countryside of the South West.
- University guaranteed accommodation within easy walking distance of campus for those going through Clearing.