Environmental science Clearing places 2017
Find environmental science courses available through Clearing at Plymouth University for September 2017 entry
Environmental science at Plymouth
Do you want to understand human environmental impact? You will build solutions to real environmental issues, using knowledge and cutting edge practical skills. Develop an understanding of climate change, biodiversity, conservation and sustainability, in marine and terrestrial ecosystems. Applying the latest techniques in the laboratory and the field – both in the UK and overseas, you will graduate ready to shape the future of fields from ecosystem management to environmental monitoring.
- Undertake residential fieldtrips in Malta, China, Cornwall and Malaysia.
- Attend regular daytrips and field study on Dartmoor National Park and along the south-west coastline.
- Opportunities to work on Falcon Spirit, our own marine research vessel.
- Dedicated Diving and Marine Centre offering a professional diving qualification (HSE SCUBA) as part of the degree.
- We’re very proud of our National Student Survey (NSS) 2017 return showing 95% of students found our staff are good at explaining things. 92% found the course intellectually stimulating, and more than 90% expressed overall satisfaction with the course.
- We’re ranked as a top 3 modern university in the UK by The Times Higher Education, Young University Rankings 2017.
- Plymouth was named the second safest place to live in Britain in Provident’s Unbroken Britain Survey 2017.
- Named one of the top 20 coolest places to live in Britain by The Times, and described as ‘the coolest little city by the sea’ by GQ magazine.
- We're one of the largest universities in the country with a vibrant Students’ Union offering over 60 sports clubs and 121 societies.
- Our campus is at the centre of a thriving, oceanfront city in one of the UK’s most beautiful regions. Enjoy easy access to the fine beaches and beautiful countryside of the South West.
- University guaranteed accommodation within easy walking distance of campus for those going through Clearing.