English Clearing places 2017
Find English courses available through Clearing at Plymouth University for September 2017 entry
English at Plymouth
With English and creative writing you have the opportunity to choose a range of courses which will feed your interest in literature, challenge you to sharpen your critical and analytical skills and allow you to choose to study and practise creative writing. We encourage you to interpret not only the texts you'll read but also the world around you in more subtle and penetrating ways.
- Free set texts for all core modules on the degree plus Amazon vouchers to help subsidise the cost of other set texts.
- Free field trips in each year of study.
- Lectures from visiting academics and writers e.g. Germaine Greer, Ali Smith, Blake Morrison.
- Opportunity to attend a wide range of theatrical events and performance poetry at the Plymouth Theatre Royal and Peninsula Arts.
- We’re very proud of our National Student Survey (NSS) 2017 return showing 98% of BA (Hons) English students found our staff are good at explaining things. 96% of BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing students expressed overall satisfaction with the course.
- We’re ranked as a top 3 modern university in the UK by The Times Higher Education, Young University Rankings 2017.
- Plymouth was named the second safest place to live in Britain in Provident’s Unbroken Britain Survey 2017.
- Named one of the top 20 coolest places to live in Britain by The Times, and described as ‘the coolest little city by the sea’ by GQ magazine.
- We're one of the largest universities in the country with a vibrant Students’ Union offering over 60 sports clubs and 121 societies.
- Our campus is at the centre of a thriving, oceanfront city in one of the UK’s most beautiful regions. Enjoy easy access to the fine beaches and beautiful countryside of the South West.
- University guaranteed accommodation within easy walking distance of campus for those going through Clearing.