Biological sciences Clearing places 2017
Find biological sciences courses available through Clearing at Plymouth University for September 2017 entry
Biological sciences at Plymouth
Are you passionate about biology in all of its forms? Do you want to study a broad biology degree without the constraints of choosing a specialism too soon, with equal emphasis on lab and field skills? You will build an understanding of biology from viruses to mammals and from freshwater to hydrothermal vents, gaining state-of-the-art practical and transferable skills highly sought by employers, graduating ready to shape the future of fields from ecosystem management to laboratory research.
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology (RSB).
- Specialist facilities including controlled environment chambers, experimental glasshouses and an electron microscopy unit.
- Increase your employment opportunities further by undertaking an optional placement year.
- Gain a strong foundation in your first year with six key topic areas; molecular and cellular biology, microbiology, animal and plant biology, human biology and environmental biology.
- We’re ranked as a top 3 modern university in the UK by The Times Higher Education, Young University Rankings 2017.
- Plymouth was named the second safest place to live in Britain in Provident’s Unbroken Britain Survey 2017.
- Named one of the top 20 coolest places to live in Britain by The Times, and described as ‘the coolest little city by the sea’ by GQ magazine.
- We're one of the largest universities in the country with a vibrant Students’ Union offering over 60 sports clubs and 121 societies.
- Our campus is at the centre of a thriving, oceanfront city in one of the UK’s most beautiful regions. Enjoy easy access to the fine beaches and beautiful countryside of the South West.
- University guaranteed accommodation within easy walking distance of campus for those going through Clearing.