Applications for 2018 entry
If you haven’t applied to Plymouth University for September 2018 entry, prior to the UCAS deadline, there may still be vacancies on your chosen course. Our Admissions team will be able to advise you whether late applications will be accepted, either via a new application on UCAS, or through UCAS Extra (where applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, dependent on whether there are any vacancies on your chosen course).
Apply to Plymouth
From choosing a place to study to selecting your course, there are lots of things to think about when you apply for university. Apply to Plymouth is our handy guide put together to help you through the application process.
Apply through UCAS
If you are looking to study a full-time undergraduate course, you must apply through UCAS.
Deadlines for September 2018 entry for UK/EU students
- The normal closing date for UCAS to receive applications is 15 January 2018. UCAS will, however, continue to accept late applications (until 30 June 2018) and forward them to universities.
- Usually 15 October for all Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry programmes.
- At Plymouth University we consider all late applicants, but there is a risk that some degree programmes may already be fully subscribed.
Open days and applicant days
Visiting us at one of our open days and applicant days is the best way to get to know us, find out more about the University, explore our campus, meet academic staff and current students, and discover more about your study opportunities.
Find out more about our open days and applicant days.
Plymouth for me has been very close to my heart since I was young. I remember visiting the National Marine Aquarium and was awestruck by the amazing collection of marine life.Find out more about why Ankitha chose Plymouth
What is UCAS Extra?
UCAS Extra is the second stage in the UCAS application year that is available for applicants that have not found a suitable course offer so far. If you have already applied through UCAS and either had no offers or declined any offers you have received you may be able to apply for another course through Extra, which opens 25 February 2018.
You will know if Extra is available to you – it will show up when you sign in to track your application.
The last date to apply through UCAS Extra is 4 July 2018.
What is Clearing?
Clearing is the last opportunity for you to secure your place at university this September. You will be able to apply through Clearing if you:
- haven't done quite as well as you expected and you haven't met the conditions of your offers
- haven't made a UCAS application this year
- or if you haven't received any offers (or none that you wanted to accept).
Your applicant journey
Information about the journey you'll take from before you apply, right up to when you start at Plymouth University.Discover more about your applicant journey.