should have (at least) a first or upper second class honours degree in an
appropriate subject and preferably a relevant MSc or MRes qualification. Experience
of working with older people and an interest in technology is desirable.
studentship is supported for three years and includes full home tuition fees plus a
stipend of £15,609 per annum (2021/22 rate).
The studentship will only fully fund those applicants who are eligible
for home fees with relevant qualifications.
Applicants normally required to cover international fees will have to
cover the difference between the ome and the international tuition fee rates
(approximately £12,697 per annum).
you wish to discuss this project further informally, please contact Dr Tanja
Applications must be made in accordance with the details
General information about applying for a
research degree at the University of Plymouth and to apply for this position
please visit our postgraduate research degrees page.
This vacancy will involve working with children
and/or vulnerable adults and any appointment will be subject a Disclosure and
Barring Service check.
In order to apply, you need to provide the following:
- a completed application form
- CV with two references (one should be an academic reference)
- a covering letter detailing your suitability for the studentship explaining how your prior experience and qualifications relates to the area of inquiry (800 word limit)
- an outline of the methods and timeline needed to complete the project described (400 word limit)
- candidates who do not have English as a first language are required to provide an IELTS test report that must be dated within two years of the start of the programme. Overall IELTS score of 7.0 required, with not less than 6.5 in each of the four components.
Please email the Doctoral College and state that you are applying for a PhD Studentship within the School of Health Professions. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications: 12 noon on 7 May 2021.
Interviews will be held on the 27 May. Applicants who have not received an offer by 21 May should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.