How does it work?
You can complete the scheme in four easy steps.
1) Register online: Once you've received your University student ID number, you can register for the Award scheme by emailing the following details to email@example.com.
- Your name
- Your student ID number
- Year of graduation
- Campus you study on
Once the Award team has received your details, the Award module will be listed on your personal site for the current academic year (this may take a few days). You'll receive an email confirmation from the team when it's all set up and ready to go.
2) Complete a plan: You'll fill in a simple online document setting out what you plan to do as part of your journey towards achieving the Plymouth Award. This plan will include the particular activities you'd like to do. Once completed, the plan is shared with the Award management team.
3) Do 80 hours of activities: We encourage and celebrate your involvement with as wide a range of extra-curricular activities as possible. Because life-wide experience gives you a firm footing for taking your learning into the real world. That’s why we ask you to choose activities across at least three of the following:
- Personal health and wellbeing
- Working life
- Cultural and social awareness
- Supporting the University community
You'll need to complete at least 20 hours in each of your three chosen areas and the total hours of activities should be more than 80. Although no extra credit is given for hours over and above the minimum, it's useful to record your total number of hours.
4) Write a short reflective essay: Reflection is an important part of learning and it's a good skill to have in your professional life. Your Award reflective portfolio is an opportunity to look back on your extra-curricular activities and demonstrate how much you've learnt. Your short reflective essay will bring together everything you've done towards achieving your Plymouth Award.